Covers member cancellation, financial cancellation options, reasons, notes, dates, and verifying a future-set cancellation.
- Starting the Cancellation Process
- Financial Cancellation Options
- Reason, Notes, and Date
- Verifying a Future Cancellation Date
Starting the Cancellation Process
- Click Customers > Search, then enter the member's name. This takes you to their member record.
- Click the Terminate Member button in the Relate Bar:
Financial Cancellation Options
You will be asked if the member is cancelling one of three ways:
- Cancel without exchanging money: This is the most common option, and is selected by default; just click Continue.
- Member is buying out for cancel: This means the member owes you money. The system will help you with a buy-out calculator, and automatically take you to the Point of Sale system to record the payment.
- Issue a refund and cancel: This option is used when the member is due a refund as part of their cancellation. The system will help you with a refund calculator, and automatically take you to the Refund section to process the amount due to the customer.
Reason, Notes, and Date
You will next be asked for a reason, notes, and a date:
- Reason: Select from the drop-down list of choices. It will help you track the reasons members cancel.
- Note: Optional, but highly helpful and useful.
- Effective Date: May be set as today's date, or a date in the future.
Verifying a Future Cancellation Date
To verify a member's future-set cancellation date, follow these steps:
- Click Customers > Search, then enter a member's name. This takes you to their member record.
- Click on the link OK under Current Status, as shown below:
- The Status History will verify that a future cancellation date has been set:
- The Single membership has a status of OK, scheduled to end on 15-Feb-2012.
- The Single membership also has a status of Terminated, set to begin on 15-Feb-2012. This line is highlighted in blue, indicating it is a Future Status Change.